Adult Sunday School
Scott Dam and David Paulsen leads our Adult Sunday School class each Sunday morning at 8:45 a.m. Everyone is welcome to drop in and enjoy a cup of coffee, maybe a donut, and a great class.
Boulder City United Methodist Church
Adult Bible Study
The Life of Paul
Introduction and Chapter 1 starting May 5, 2019
- The Call, Introduction
- The Call, Chapter 1, Called to Follow Christ
- Acts 4:36-37; 7:54-60, 8:1, 3; 9:1-19; 26:12-15; 20-31; 11:19-30; 21:39; 22:3-4, 15: 26:12-15
- Galatians 1:11-24; 2:1-10
- Philippians 3:5
Questions to Consider:
- What was Saul’s early history and role as a persecutor?
- Who was Ananias and what was his role? Has someone served as your Ananias?
- Which biblical figures spent time in the wilderness? How was their time spent there?
- What was the relationship between Paul and Peter?
- What was Barnabas’ role; how did he exemplify the meaning of his name?
- Who is your Barnabas? Whose Barnabas are you or will you be?
- What struck you about what you have learned so far? What came as a surprise? What would you like to know more about?
Children and Youth Classes
Our children and youth join in worship for the beginning hymns and learn to appreciate worship with the larger community. They are excused before the sermon for a lesson under the guidance of Jane Sharp. The children return to worship for communion and the closing hymn. Our children are learning and growing in Christ and are active participants in our church community.
Sunday Morning Nursery Care
Children are always welcome in worship; however, we do offer nursery care for parents or caregivers who prefer to have their young children in the care of someone else, so they can fully focus on worship. All of our nursery attendants and teachers have been background-checked and are fully capable to care for your little one. Should the need arise during the service where you are needed, they will quietly come and get you from worship to attend to your child.